Monday 14 September 2009

Monday's harvest

Gosh, Monday again!  That means Phillip Glennister on the tele (Ashes to Ashes) and a big bowl of veges and rice or noodles as Jerry's playing football (the "proper" roundball one!). Today's harvest for dinner was the first of the purple sprouting broccoli (rather late this year), some coriander from the greenhouse, and a lovely pointy spring cabbage - my first for the season. I also retrieved 5 eggs from the girls....who are still annoyed about being locked up in their new coop!


Tonight I've decided to treat myself and include some home made bacon in my meal. I'm soaking it for an hour or so to make it a bit less salty, as I dry-cure my bacon, and this one was a bit salty. Of course, I won't be using all of this bacon! A slice or two will be plenty for flavour.

On the agenda for tomorrow - making a loaf of sourdough, so I've fed 'Harry' and he's bubbling away on the bench in preparation!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...