With some of our broccoli harvest I made a broccoli and bacon quiche with a rice crust. The rice crust part I got from a recipe in BBC Good Food Australia. The rest I made up!
- Cook 3/4 cup of brown or white short grain rice until tender and set aside to cool
- When cool mix in 1 beaten egg and press into a pie dish
- Blind bake at 180 for 15 mins
- I pan fried some bacon, onion for about 5 mins, then added some red pepper for a few more mins then broccoli at the very end. Allow to cool
- Beat 4 eggs
- Grate in some cheese - I used chilli peccorino and parmesan and a bit of colby because that's all we had!
- Add some herbs of your choice - I used thyme and french tarragon
- Mix in the cooked bacon, onion etc
- Pour into the crust and bake for 40-55 mins at 180. It depends how deep your quiche is.
Enjoy warm or cold.