Monday 21 September 2009

Broccoli and Bacon Quiche with a rice crust



With some of our broccoli harvest I made a broccoli and bacon quiche with a rice crust. The rice crust part I got from a recipe in BBC Good Food Australia. The rest I made up!

Shell:
  • Cook 3/4 cup of brown or white short grain rice until tender and set aside to cool
  • When cool mix in 1 beaten egg and press into a pie dish
  • Blind bake at 180 for 15 mins

Filling:
  • I pan fried some bacon, onion for about 5 mins, then added some red pepper for a few more mins then broccoli at the very end. Allow to cool
  • Beat 4 eggs
  • Grate in some cheese - I used chilli peccorino and parmesan and a bit of colby because that's all we had!
  • Add some herbs of your choice - I used thyme and french tarragon
  • Mix in the cooked bacon, onion etc
  • Pour into the crust and bake for 40-55 mins at 180. It depends how deep your quiche is.

Enjoy warm or cold.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...