Sunday 6 September 2009

It's finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, unbelievably (and more importantly before the 12 month aniversary) we've finished the new coop and chickn run!

Here's the new "Palais et jardin d'oeufs"  :)

Le Palais: New entrance, and the new perches and nest boxes...but same old chickens!

 
 

Le Jardin:
 
 
All those tyres will have sunflowers and other pretty delights come summer. We will also be gradually working on making covered beds in the actual run to grow thigs for the chooks to nibble on.

I can't tell you how good it feels to wake up on a weekend morning with a new world of possibilties now that coop building isn't on the agenda :)

5 comments:

Aussiemade said...

Margo and Jerry that means I have hope for Chooky TajMahal we have the house, but no run as yet, well except the entrance gate which DH has already put in place with a pergola..thankful I have been finding it hard to source chooks..lol Congratulations on a magnificent chook run and home!

Chris said...

Ha-ha, I know what you mean guys! We have a wall project which will be approaching it's 12 month anniversary too. Sometimes I find myself staring at it, trying to WILL it into being.

So yes, please revell in the delight of finally finishing a job well done.

I'm not sure if I've commented before, but I have followed the coop building saga. :)

Nelly said...

WOW! That's an awesome chookhouse....don't know about all the French lingo ;-))

I'll bet you had fun, not, putting all that chicken wire over their run!!!

Margo said...

@aussiemade and Chris- never give up ... all projects get finished...eventually!

@Chris - I know what you're saying. Some days I would wake up and hope that I would look outside and find the coop fairy had finished it all off in the middle of the night :)

@ Tully. Yep, that would be a big NOT on all the aviary wire...almost as painful as paying for it! LOL

Unknown said...

Well done to both of you on the completion of the chook house and run. It took me 6 months to get mine finished, and we are still making modifications to it 6 months down the track.

May many a double yoker bless your nests!

Gav

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...