Thursday 6 January 2011

Garden pasta dinner

Last night we had a simple garden veg pasta dinner. The garlic, courgette (zucchini), tomato, tomato paste, basil and chilli were all home grown/ made, while the orange and red pepper (capsicum) came from the local farmer's market, and the olive oil was local too. The pasta wasn't home made because I wanted to use up my store of bought pasta.

Topped with some parmesan cheese (alas not local) it was very tasty - and Jerry didn't even comment on the missing bacon LOL.

4 comments:

Hazel said...

It is only breakfast time, but I know what I will be having for dinner tonight! I don't have all the ingredients in the garden yet, but I will pick what I have.

Funkbunny said...

Mmmm, that looks yummy. I also like how you call them corguettes (are you from the Uk originally by any chance?)

Margo said...

@ Hazel - what was for dinner? :-)

@Funkbunny - I'm australian but lived in the UK for 5+ years and Jerry is English (so VERY happy about the cricket at this point in time LOL)

Dmarie said...

that looks right down my alley! and reminds me of the zucchini I bought to use in a veggie lasagna. thx!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...