Thursday 30 April 2009

Mmmmmmmmmmm moussaka

Well, it's a cheaty healthy moussaka style dish based on a recipe from the Women's Weekly 21 day diet - but it's ever so tasty!

Brown some mince and onions (I used 1 red onion and about 200g mince) - use a sploosh (that's a technical cooking term!) of olive oil or a bit of stock if desired. Once the meat is browned add in a few chopped tomatoes, some herbs or spices of your choice (I used Marrakesh Magic from screaming seeds) and add about 1/2 a cup of stock (I used vegemite and water!) and simmer until thickened.

Meanwhile char grill slices of eggplant (I used 2 small from the garden) and capsicum until tender.

Make the dressing - combine about 1/4 cup yoghurt and the juice of a lemon

And then compile! Make a stack with eggplant, mince and capsicum in whatever style takes your fancy, add some leafy greens (I used baby spinach leaves but rocket works well too), drizzle with the dressing and serve.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Yummy! Man, now I want Greek food.

Margo said...

You'd better get cooking then! LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...