- goats cheese feta (but you could use ricotta - the feta was what was in the fridge)
- ham - I used 1 thickish slice
- labna - home made yoghurt cheese (here's my recipe)
- za'atar - a mediterranean thyme-like herb I have growing
- sun dried tomatoes (home grown from last year, rehydrated for about 20 mins in hot water)
Brush the musrooms with olive oil on both sides, and place on a baking tray, underside facing up. Mound up the mixture on each mushroom, and then pop in the over for 15 - 20 minutes.
Serve with a garden salad...
Some oil (local lime infused olive oil from EV Olives) and balsamic, and a nice glass of red wine (local, organic from Pennyweight in handy recyclable bottles).
And as the oven is on you might as well make some baked apples for dessert! Our apples are the honeycrisp variety (DIVINE) from a local orchard.
- Core the apples and place in a baking dish
- Stuff with a mix of brown sugar and sultanas
- Pour over a splash of port (Pennyweight again!)
- Add a knob of butter to the top