Tuesday 6 October 2009

Shrug it off...

or on rather!  I've finally finished my first knitted garment!  OK so it's a mini-garment - just a fairly simple shrug, but it fits and you can't see the few mistakes I've made so it's all good as far as I'm concerned :)


 
Suddenly I see a whole new possibility in sleeveless dresses knowing I can whip one of these up to make myself some pretty sleeves! In fact I'm off to find a pattern for a lighterweight one for summer to make up in  some lovely varigated mossy green bamboo cotton I got at the wool mill discount store.........................

4 comments:

Toria said...

That looks really good.

Anonymous said...

Margo, That is amazing for someone who says she doesn't knit! Can I ask, where did you get the pattern? It looks like a handy item for those chilly moments that you need something but not a whole cardigan. Plus I agree about the whole possibility of wearing a no sleeve top, way to go.
Cheers
Virginia K, Blacktown.

Margo said...

Hi Virginia - thanks! It's my first proper garment, but the pattern was a bit tricky to keep holding in my head because someone would always interrupt half way through a row and I'd forget my place LOL. The pattern came from a book for the yarn I bought (Patons Zhivago, book 1235 - mostly easy patterns!). I'm now making a summer one from 100% bamboo that is a combination of the cuffs of this pattern http://www.catalinayarns.com/pages/patternsupport/freepatterns/springshrug06.pdf but the main body stitch pattern of this pattern http://www.knitonthenet.com/issue5/patterns/lacychuffchuffshrug/ - which is a lot simpler and faster, but still looks pretty

Mia @ agoodhuman said...

I love it! I'm just starting to learn knitting and would love to make something like this. I'll be in search of an easy pattern that I can try. Thanks for the inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...