I discovered part way through that my mould isn't big enough for the recipe!! So handy Jerry made me a temporary one out of an old honey container, and we mocked up a press using a few clamps from the shed. So I'll have a big and a small cheddar!
I also made a few loaves of english muffin bread using some of the leftover whey. It will be interesting to see how it tastes.
Sunday afternoon we measured up the new mini-orchard area for the new fruit trees we bought.
In the fruit tree department we now have
- 3 peaches - Elberta, Red Haven (both yellow freestones) and Lena Kirsten (white freestone)
- 2 apples - Granny Smith and Pink Lady
- 2 plums - Mariposa and Satusma (both blood plums)
- 2 nectarines - a dwarf variety and a regular - Emily Kirsten (white clingstone)
- 2 pears - A Williams and a Nashi (Nijisseiki)
- 2 apricots - can't rememebr the one from last year, but bought a Newcastle early today
- 2 cherries (Stella)
- 2 redcurrants
- 2 blackcurrants
- 1 gooseberry
- assorted berries