Wednesday, 3 June 2009

Mandolin marmalade

One of my lovely friends dropped round yesterday bearing gifts - a kilo of limes - so I decided to make a batch of lime marmalade.

This is the first batch of marmalade I've made since I received my fab kitchen mandolin from the lovely Jerry. It made the process of slicing the limes to soak a breeze.

There will be no more complaints about too-chunky marmalade in this household from now on!

I used about 900g of limes, 2.25 (!)kg of sugar, and 3l of water, and I now have 9 jars of lime marmalade cooling on the bench. Hope it's OK!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...