Wednesday 9 November 2011

More meals from the Kitchen Diaries

I have only managed to make about 3 new meals from Nigel Slater's Kitchen Diaries, so I think I'll keep the same book for November!  I made a low-egg frittata, but forgot to take a picture (sorry).

Last week I made chicken legs with yoghurt, harissa and mint - very easy and tasty. Use leg (deboned) or thigh fillets. Mix a couple of tablespoons of thick yoghurt and harissa (less if you don't like it so hot), then drizzle in 2-3 tablespoons of oil. It won't look too appealing but hat's OK. Coat the chicken in the paste,  then grill or pan fry (recipe says grill, I pan fried). When cooked top with mint, and serve with the accompaniment of your choice. Quick, easy and very tasty.


3 comments:

cathy@home said...

That does look tasty.

africanaussie said...

Oh I have just been browsing Annabelle Langbein's book " the free range cook and it is open on the page of her harissa recipe! - I love marinading chicken in yoghurt.

Phoebe said...

Great looking dinner and that plate is gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...