Wednesday 30 November 2011

Kitchen Diaries pasta

It's getting to be that time of year when I can actually get more than a few greens from the garden - of course that also means it's getting to be the time of year when I need to be creative with broad beans. Nigel Slater to the rescue!

Broad bean, ricotta, mint and chorizo pasta - based on a recipe by Nigel Slater
  • Make ricotta (it's easy!) (or use store bought)
  • Get some pasta on the go - whatever kind you fancy really
  • Pop broadbeans in boiling water for 3-4 mins, then drain and pop from skins if they are large
  • Fry some garlic (first of the new season garlic - lovely!) in some olive oil, then pop in the chorizo, broad beans, mint and ricotta and warm though
  • Add the drained pasta, and a bit more oil
  • Toss through the parmesan and serve
The original recipe didn't call for chorizo, but I had some left and I think it would have been too bland for my taste without it. It still needed (to me) a liberal grinding of black pepper - but I like spicy/hot food . It woudl also be good with bacon I think.

On the table in 20 mins tops if you don't make your own ricotta first.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...