Thursday 4 August 2011

It is still winter, right?

I had to check the calendar, because for the last 2 days I've been outside working in the garden in a t-shirt and jeans in gorgeous sunshine. Temps have been up around the 16/17. Crazy! Although (of course) it's predicted to be back to 12-13 and raining in time for the weekend...phew!

Here's a few garden snapshots:
Rooster and hen - why do they always hang out (and poo) on the verandah?! and Yolki hiding amongst the jonquils

Freddie and Lily doing what they do best....sunbaking :-)
The passionfruit has done very well since we extended it's bed - over winter potatoes by the fence and giant red mustard (self seeded) in the foreground. I planted the garlic 7 days ago eh voila! All cloves were grown here last year - it's the first year I haven't bought any garlic to plant...yay me!
I spent quite a bit of time turning garden beds from this.......to this
and then to this.  I'm not going away for 10 weeks again!!  It is too much work  :-)

1 comment:

Tania said...

I think it is still Winter although with 31 degrees yesterday, I am beginning to wonder. I am enjoying the warmth while I can as the frosts are returning next week!

This weather is very confusing for the plants and animals too...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...