Monday 7 February 2011

Book recommendation - thanks Vivienne!

Recently Vivienne over at Living Vivienne emailed me to recommend a book - The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I really enjoy reading, and it was a book I'd never heard of. Our local library had a copy so I reserved it, and read it over the past week.

I'm quite surprised how much I enjoyed it, given my normal taste runs to either Austen or sci-fi and fantasy. It really was a warm, charming story, with some lovely touches of humour, and a view into post-war and wartime Guernsey. The main thing that stood out for me where the characters - they were extremely endearing, and all slightly odd but in a delightful way. This would be a great book to take on holidays, or for a wet Sunday afternoon (or two).


Mama Jerry,  I think you would really enjoy it!

Thanks Vivienne for the recommendation - anyone read any other good books lately?

2 comments:

dixiebelle said...

Just finished Sharon Astyk's Independence Days, have you read it?

http://www.amazon.com/Independence-Days-Sustainable-Storage-Preservation/dp/0865716528

Anne said...

If you liked this you would probably enjoy 'Major Pettigrews Last Stand "
I think

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...