Sunday 18 July 2010

2009-10 Harvest tally

I realised a few days ago that I didn't post the final harvest tally for our main crops for the season. Here it is...


Yep, we really did grow 167kg of tomatoes. I was pretty sick of them by the end of March :-). We're still picking potatoes so the actual harvest is more than the chart indicates, but a lot of them were "glassy" and not edible which is very frustrating. Once again capsicums weren't spectacular in spite of having a lot of plants, but the eggplants were just amazing this year.

How did your garden do?

2 comments:

Chris Brock (under the Chestnut tree) said...

why were the potatoes glassy?

Margo said...

HI Chris - I've got no idea actually. My best guess is not enough water at tuber formation, but I really don't know. They were good quality seed potatoes.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...