- A quick trip to the garden for a turnip, carrots, parsley and thyme - pick up some garlic from the shed on the way back.
- Out with the trusty crock pot and turn it on to low
- Toss the beef cubes in flour and mustard, then brown - add to the crok pot
- Fry onion and garlic briefly, then add water and vegemite and simmer for a few minutes then into the crock pot.
- Add home made Worcestershire sauce, turnip, carrot, parsley and thyme, a good grinding of pepper and a bottle of Beechworth Celtic Red Ale from the local brewery
- Put lid on crock pot and ignore until dinner time!
Thursday, 3 July 2008
What's for dinner?
Inspired by a recipe for beef and ale pie posted on Aussies Living Simply (thanks Ellice!) I decided to make beef and ale casserole for dinner. Preparation took 15 minutes